DepEd Memo No. 18, s. 2017 | Grade 6 National Training of Trainers and Mass Training of Teachers for the K to 12 Basic Education Program
08 FEB 2017
DepEd Memo No. 18, s. 2017
GRADE 6 NATIONAL TRAINING OF TRAINERS AND MASS TRAINING OF TEACHERS FOR THE K TO 12 BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAM
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- In line with the implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Teaching Learning Division (BLD-TLD), in coordination with the regional offices (ROs), shall conduct the Grade 6 National Training of Trainers (NTOT). The NTOT shall be conducted by cluster on the following dates:
- The Mass Training of Teachers (MTOT) shall be conducted within the months of April and May 2017.
- The NTOT aims to build the capacity of trainers to conduct the MTOT. The MTOT intends to provide teachers with concrete understanding of the curriculum framework, learning standards and competencies, pedagogy, teaching plans and assessment.
- The participants in the NTOT are teacher-trainers and supervisors selected and recommended by their respective schools division superintendents (SDSs), and endorsed by the regional directors (RDs) based on the criteria found in Enclosure No. 1. The names of the participants shall be submitted to the Bureau of Learning Delivery- Teaching and Learning Division (BLD-TLD) through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 8, 2017. Only those who completed the NTOT shall serve as MTOT trainers. The number of trainers per region is indicated in Enclosure No. 2.
- Training costs, which covers board and lodging, travel expenses of the management staff, trainers and resource persons, honoraria of resource speakers, supplies and materials, and other incidental expenses shall be charged to the 2016 continuing Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. The travel expenses of the participants shall be charged to the same funds, 50 percent of which shall be downloaded directly to the SDOs except for the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) where participants’ transportation allowance shall be paid in full upon submission of the travel documents to include boarding pass, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The participants in the MTOT are permanent or regular teachers handling Grade 6 subjects in all public elementary schools nationwide. Travel expenses of teachers, trainers, and management staff shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. Training funds for the conduct of MTOT will be downloaded to the SDOs.
- To ensure that each of the schools divisions will have trainers in all learning areas or in at least 80 percent of the learning areas, the schools division selection team should consider teachers’/trainers’ specialization and expertise, and that each of the learning areas is represented. In cases where this is not possible due to the number of Grade 6 teachers who will be trained in the MTOT, the schools division should partner with nearby schools divisions to ensure that they have the complete pool of trainers. Likewise, regional representatives who participated in the NTOT should serve as trainers in the schools divisions with minimal number of trainers.
- Edukasyong Pantahanan at Pangkabuhayan (EPP)/Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) participants to the NTOT shall bring their respective laptops, pocket WiFi, and mobile phones.
- The following documents are enclosed for ready reference:
Enclosure No. 1 – Criteria in the Selection of NTOT Trainers;
Enclosure No. 2 – Summary of the Number of Grade 6 Teachers and Trainers by Learning Area and by Region; and
Enclosure No. 3 – Training Matrix of the Grade 6 NTOT for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
- The participants, trainers, and management staff in the NTOT and MTOT shall be entitled to service credits pursuant to DepEd Order (DO) No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers and DO 19, s. 2011 entitled Granting of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers Implementing Drop-out Reduction Program (DORP) and Open High School Program (OHSP). Moreover, nonteaching staff shall be provided with Compensatory Time-Off (CTO) per Civil Service Commission and Department of Budget and Management Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2004 on Non-Monetary Remuneration for Overtime Services Rendered.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Teaching Learning Division, Department of Education Central Office, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 687-2948 and (02) 637-4799.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Ends: As stated
References: DepEd Order (Nos. 53, s. 2003 and 19, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
- ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
- TRAINING PROGRAMS
(Enclosure No. 1 to DepEd Memorandum No. 18, s. 2017)
CRITERIA IN THE SELECTION OF NTOT TRAINERS
- be a Master Teacher /or any equivalent/;
- be a learning area specialist or have taught the learning area and/or grade level for at least five (5) years;
- be recommended by the school head;
- have had experience as a trainer or facilitator;
- have attended previous DepEd training programs related to the K to 12 Curriculum;
- be computer literate;
- be physically fit (or certified by a government physician);
- have a good command of English and Filipino; and
- be not more than 55 years old.
Click here to download a full copy.